Re: Patch that adds help to isearch

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Patch that adds help to isearch
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:34:23 +0200

> In the patch I sent before I also added scrolling of the help
> buffer.  Scrolling of the help buffer is done by the keys the user
> has bound to scroll-other-window' and 'scroll-other-window-down'.
> It is only active when the other window is the help buffer.

Isn't an easier way to achieve this by setting `isearch-allow-scroll'
to t?

Note that isearch.el already contains:

(put 'scroll-other-window 'isearch-scroll t)
(put 'scroll-other-window-down 'isearch-scroll t)

> However the scrolling could of course be dependent on if C-h and f1
> is bound to isearch-mode-help.  A defcustom seems more easy to
> understand though.

I think it should be rather dependent on if the other window is the
help buffer created by isearch-mode-help, than if C-h and f1 is bound,
because users can bind isearch-mode-help to other keys.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/