Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in text
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:58:20 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I am using an external ssh program: CVS_RSH=c:\path-to-plink\plink.exe

Configure your PuTTY session to subversions to have an explicit login
name (Connection->Data in the PuTTY Configuration dialog) and, if that
doesn't help, try disabling the "Attempt keyboard-interactive auth"
option in the SSH->Auth tab of the Configuration dialog).
Thansk Eli, but there are several things I do not understand here. I did a connection once to save the host key. Does puTTY save configuration parameters (like those you suggest) every time I connect using puTTY?

The first suggestion unfortunately did not work. In PuTTY the string is still output. And if disable "Attempt keyb..." then at least PuTTY can not login.

The output of the string "Using keyboard ..." seems seriously out of phase with the fetched module. Could the string has been sent to STDERR?

If I from the command line do

   c:\myrep\emacs\lisp> cvs diff isearch.el

then I do not see the string. If I do this in an interactive shell in Emacs I do not see it there either.

Perhaps does plink gets confused in the case when ediff-revision is used?