Re: address@hidden: Re: erase customization does not work]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: erase customization does not work]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:22:28 -0500

    So in particular in this case, I'd not consider the existence of the
    backup file (and some people turn of backup files, anyway) enough for
    dismissing the case as harmless.

People who turn off backups are asking for trouble.
Emacs gives people enough rope to hang themselves, and we're not
going to change that.  My decision is that adding an extra query
is enough protection against this kind of mistake.

Luc, would you please install that change?