Re: The ASCII language and some other things

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The ASCII language and some other things
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:32:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:15:12 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>

It disturbs me a bit to find the "ASCII" language when choosing "Help - Emacs Tutorial (choose language)...".

"ASCII" is an alias for "English".
Thanks, I guessed it was in English, but is "ASCII" the same as "English" here?

We could filter it out when the
completion produces a list of known languages, but isn't it possible
that someone who is not a native English speaker will find that alias
useful?  After all, we have that alias for a reason, right?
Yes, but what I wanted to say is that I do not understand the reason. "English" is also in the list. Why is not that enough?