Re: Bug in window resizing?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bug in window resizing?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:35:05 +0100

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

What is needed (I believe) is to go up one level in the split tree, find the window under the selected window and then resize this. Or maybe it is even more complicated than that?

Yes, I think you are right.  It seems that the only feasible way to
fix this is to make a new interface.  Since that change is already
being discussed, I think we should simply go ahead with that.

Is anyone working on that?
I think this bug is still there. You can see this bug if you first split windows with C-x 2, C-x 3, C-x 2. Now try to move the bottom of the second window to the left.

Kim, did you look at this when you made `window-tree'? Or perhaps could you look at it now? I do not think I understand the subtle details here ;-)