Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:35:16 +0200

> describe-bindings separates the different groups with  ^L even though
> the text that is output is intended to be human-readable.
>
> Isn't there a nicer way the groups can be separated?

I use (aset standard-display-table ?\f (vconcat (make-vector 64 ?-) "^L"))
to display the page delimiter as a horizontal line, and this is very helpful
not only in the *Help* buffer, but in other places too, including source code
buffers.

> Couldn't there be a list of all groups in the beginning, with links
> going to the bindings belonging to the group?

Like in the *Help* buffer created by `C-h m'?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/