Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:54:49 +0200

> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:03:00 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden>
>
> "Keyboard Bindings" makes much more sense.  If recent terminology is
> wrong and misleading, we should tell people that, and point them
> towards better language.

You cannot point people towards better language without mentioning the
misleading terminology, somewhere.  How else will they know we are
talking about the same thing?

So I think if the menu help text mentions "keyboard shortcuts" in
parentheses, that would be consistent with your suggestion to teach
people a better terminology, the one adopted throughout in Emacs
documentation.  Do you agree?