RE: C-x C-f RET change

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: C-x C-f RET change
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:18:49 -0800

    > I use pop-up-frames = t. Each buffer is in its own frame, by
    > default. So, I use `C-x 4 f' to open the same file in another
    > frame (cloning the frame, in effect).

    What's wrong with `C-x 5 2'?

Nothing.  Good point.

I guess I never think of the `C-x 5' prefix, because I use pop-up-frames =
t. `C-x 4' generally does the same thing as `C-x 5' in that case, except for
a few exceptions like this (there is no `C-x 4 2').  I'm just not in the
habit of using the `C-x 5' commands.

I also use a redefinition of `delete-window' (`C-x 0') that deletes a
one-window frame, so I end up just using the window commands to operate on
frames.  I forget about the difference, in general, and about the
frame-specific commands, in particular.  (As I said, "atypical".)