Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: ANN: Emacs.app 9.0-pre1
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:02:47 -0500

On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Sun Yijiang wrote:

I have GNUStep installed on my GNU/Linux, but got this error message:
# make
gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/home/sun/ sandbox/emacs-23.0.0_NS-9.0pre1/src -D_BSD_SOURCE -g -O2 nsterm.m
nsterm.m: In function `ns_init_paths':
nsterm.m:292: error: cannot find interface declaration for `NXConstantString'

Try editing nextstep/compile and add

 -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString

to the CFLAGS variable setting for the GNUstep case. Then rm ../ config.log and invoke ./compile again. (The other warnings are "OK"..)

At one point I needed that flag when compiling it under GNUstep, but then I stopped needing it and I'd assumed that it was because of some other flag settings rendering it unnecessary -- but it looks like I might have been wrong. What OS and gcc version are you running? What version of gnustep?

Adrian