Re: Diropen toolbar icon

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Diropen toolbar icon
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:54:54 +0200

>>> It would make Up a bit odd though.
>>
>> Yes, it would be good to have Up in the same style as Next and Previous.
>
> I've added icons next/prev/up-node and use them in info now.  I use
> left/right-arrow for previous/next history.

Thanks.  I think these Next and Previous are better than old icons,
because they indicate that they have something to do with the document
rather than with the history.

> If people dislike it too much it is easy to revert :-)

Sorry, but I think this Up icon looks out of place when compared to
Next and Previous icons.  Next and Previous icons have arrows on the
paper sheet in Portrait mode, but Up icon is rotated to Landscape mode.
Could you leave the paper in Portrait mode, and to rotate only the arrow?

I also suggest to place previous/next history icons before next/prev/up-node.
The reason is that in most browsers previous/next history icons are closest
to the left edge of the toolbar, and the Home icon (to which next/prev
are related to) are located on the right.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/