Re: Fringe angle bitmap at at eob

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Fringe angle bitmap at at eob
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:40:30 -0500

Yesterday I wrote

    I don't see the rotation--or any change.  What I see is the same
    behavior we had yesterday.

but I ran it again, and that time, did see your change.

The new code has the same problem that the previous change fixed:
the "end of buffer" indicator seems to indicate the end is
on the previous line.  Even though the final newline changes the
of the indicator, the indicator used when there's a newline
appears to say the end is above the newline.  That is no good.

This is the problem I decided must be solved.  Putting back
the old code is one way, but other solutions might be ok
if you want to look for one.

In general, please don't make changes that undo my decisions
without getting my approval.