Re: thumbs directory

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs directory
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:24:03 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> If the plan is to include tumme.el in 22.1, it's about time to put it
> into CVS, so it can receive some review and testing before release!!
>
> That also gives us a chance to compare it with thumbs.el "heads up".

In my opinion, tumme.el has enough features and works well enough to
replace thumbs.el, but it needs "peer review". As I wrote earlier,
there is a list of todos and some of the todos are about merging
things from thumbs.el into tumme.el. I have also gotten some requests
on the user interface, that it needs some simple-to-use commands in
order to get it up and running more easily.

I would not have any problems including it in CVS right now but I
don't know what others think. Richard seems to want that we wait until
more of the todos are fixed, but I might have misinterpreted him.

Elisp-wise, the code passes both a byte-compile and checkdoc, although
that does not say anything about bugs, of course :)