Re: Global Font Lock by default

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Global Font Lock by default
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 05:27:35 -0500

    Maybe we should have a --no-font-lock -nfl options....

I don't see a need for them.  There is no reason to make
a command line option for every Emacs option.
Command line options are mainly useful for things
that you might want to do differently from one Emacs invocation
to another.  I don't think that font lock is in that class.

Besides, people will think that -nfl means it follows
US-style football rules.