Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:17:52 +0200

> From: Christian Schlauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:15:52 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> From: Christian Schlauer <address@hidden>
> >> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:23:05 +0200
> >>
> >> On w32, the mouse pointer also moves to the little ediff-frame
> >
> > What do you mean by that?  I don't think the mouse pointer moves for
> > me on w32 unless I move it myself.  Could it be a side effect of some
> > customization, like using avoid.el?
>
> I started Emacs with `runemacs -q' now and did some ediffing: the
> mouse pointer jumps to the little ediff frame, and after `q y', it
> jumps back to where it was before.

It jumps to the Ediff control frame when you start Ediff, but if you
then move the mouse to some other place, it never jumps to that frame
again; you have to move it there yourself if you want, e.g., to go to
the next hunk.  At least that's how it behaves for me.

> GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2004-03-10 on NYAUMO

I use the CVS version, not 21.3; perhaps something changed in the
meantime.

> What about the other things I wrote in that message? Did I convince
> you?

No.