Re: vc & cvs buglet

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: vc & cvs buglet
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:39:48 +0300

On 2005-10-27 19:29, Romain Francoise <address@hidden> wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:
>> It appears that some sort of internal initialization of vc.el is done a
>> bit late.  If I hit ``C-x v l'' while editing a version controlled file,
>> an empty log buffer comes up.  Re-running ``C-x v l'' a second time
>> brings up the correct log.
>
> It works for me...  Could you provide more information?  Does the
> *Messages* buffer mention loading vc.el?

Yes, it does.  The contents of the *Messages* buffer are:

    (/home/keramida/opt/bin/emacs dot.bashrc)
    For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type <f1> C-p.
    Running cvs in the background...
    Running cvs in the background... done

> Are you sure your CVS server isn't just long to respond?

The files are on a local CVS repository, under /home/cvs.  No
remote server enters the picture anywhere, so it's unlikely to
be a network-induced delay.