Re: Probably dumb question: glyph rendering on unicode-2 branch

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Probably dumb question: glyph rendering on unicode-2 branch
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:43:04 -0400

Hi,

I didn't get any response to the below, let me try asking it in a different way:

unicode-2 branch:
  dispextern.h:

    struct glyph {
/* Character code for character glyphs (type == CHAR_GLYPH). */
        unsigned ch;
    }
    struct glyph_string {
    /* Characters to be drawn, and number of characters.  */
    XChar2b *char2b;
    int nchars;
    }

  {x,mac,w32}term.c:

    x_encode_char(int c, XChar2b *char2b, ...)
    {
    }

    x_draw_glyph_string(struct glyph_string *s)
    {
    }

Questions:

1) Is 'int c' passed to x_encode_char() the same as 'unsigned ch' in struct glpyh?

2) In either case, what are they -- UCS-2? UTF-16? MULE? UCS-4? UTF-32? What is the byte ordering?

I'll be happy to RTFM if this is documented anywhere..

thanks,
Adrian