Re: File modes facilities.

From: Michael Cadilhac
Subject: Re: File modes facilities.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:24:25 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> 2005/10/21, Michael Cadilhac <address@hidden>:
>> "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:
>> > I would like to make set-file-modes into a command, using his code to
>> > parse the modes if they are specified non-numerically.
>>
>>   Do you mean making a function such as `change-file-modes' aliased to
>>   `chmod' ? Or you meant  another thing by `making set-file-modes into
>>   a command' ?
>
> "Make FOO into a command", where FOO is an existing function, usually
> means "Add an appropriate interactive spec to FOO (so that users can
> use it via M-x or bind it to a key)."

  That's  what I feared,  thanks ;-)  So Richard  meant to  modify the
  C  function, okey.  I'll  post a  patch tomorrow  if nobody  does it
  within this  time and  if needed. Another  question would  be, where
  would   be  placed   the   code  for   symbolic   modes  parsing   ?
  `lisp/files.el'  sounds good to  me, but  I don't  know if  it's the
  right way to go.

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should