Re: File modes facilities.

From: Michael Cadilhac
Subject: Re: File modes facilities.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:58:40 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>       I'm not sure about set-current-file-modes,
>     but providing `chmod' (or making set-file-modes into a command) is
>     a good idea.
>
> I would like to make set-file-modes into a command, using his code to
> parse the modes if they are specified non-numerically.

  Do you mean making a function such as `change-file-modes' aliased to
  `chmod' ? Or you meant  another thing by `making set-file-modes into
  a command' ?

  In the first  case, I think the (naively  named) `chmod' function of
  my proposal (<address@hidden>) can make the job.

  Feel free  to do  anything you want  with it,  and if you  want some
  modifications to be made, just ask.

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should