Re: [Chong Yidong] Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: [Chong Yidong] Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:19:32 -0400

> Chong, perhaps you can try to understand why you have problems with
> mouse clicks due to this change.  I don't have the reported problem,
> so I cannot debug it.

It seems to be related to a setting in KDE's window manager, "Click
Raise Active Window". The tooltip for this setting says:

  When this option is enabled, the active window will be brought to
  the front when you click somewhere into the window contents.

When "Click Raise Active Window" is enabled, the bug appears (clicking
on a toolbar button when the tooltip is active dismisses the tooltip,
but doesn't click the button).  The bug goes away if "Click Raise
Active Window" is disabled.

This is KDE 3.4.3, the one that comes with the Ubuntu "Breezy Badger"
release.