Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:56:11 -0400

On 10/8/05, Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 10:48:27AM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >> It seems you are making some progress here.  For simplicity, could you
> >> post the complete patch (preferably in unified diff format) against
> >> Emacs CVS you want to have installed?  Unless somebody else has
> >> already taken care of this...
> >
> > I attached the complete patch against the latest cvs checkout.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> Thanks!  The patch looks good.  I think this is a non-trivial change,
> though, so installing it would require signing papers to transfer the
> copyright to the FSF.  Have all the authors done this?  Would you be
> willing to do it?  Thanks.

how imminent is the release?  i have an initial revision of the code,
on top of sascha's patches, to enable explicit management of
passphrase caching by the calling code.  that still might change as i
develop my code that uses it, though.  so i'm unsure whether i have
toto post those revisions immediately, so i can get them into the
release, or whether i have a few days to develop the other code and
resolve the changes i'd ideally like in the pgg code.

as for the copyright assignment, i have papers on file from a long
time ago, for allout and icomplete, but i believe it covers whatever i
want to contribute.  all the lines in the current patch were written
by sascha, anyway, my suggestions just motivated some of them.

ken manheimer
address@hidden