Re: Another Emacs icon

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Another Emacs icon
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:37:53 +0100

Michael Cadilhac wrote:

Attached you will find a new icon for Emacs.  This is just an idea, so
 Whatever! I really like these icons :-)
They look good with 24bit color. I wonder if they would still be readable with 8 bit or lower displays though.

I don't see the value in adding the word "Emacs" to the icon. Icons generally have the name of the program underneath or beside them anyway (unless they are in the top left of a frame, in which case the frame's titlebar should say what the program is), so it doesn't make sense to duplicate this information in the icon itself.