Re: flyspell bug

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:32:52 -0400

    > I think it would be extremely confusing if switching windows to look
    > around in another buffer were likely to run some Lisp code.

    How would you notice if flyspell did some "behind the scenes"
    dictionary setup ?

It might cause a lot of trouble if it had a bug of some kind, or if it
did things with processes at a time you did not expect.

Anyway, my intuition, based on many years of programming, says
that it is a bad idea for switching buffers to run a hook.