Re: address@hidden: Crash when loading a particular gif image]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Crash when loading a particular gif image]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:43:23 -0400

    This patch probably fixes the bug, but Emacs should really enforce
    limits on the dimensions given by the GIF library.  What if it reports
    an image width of two million pixels?  Do we really want to allocate
    such large images and pixmaps?

I agree we should have limits--perhaps specified
by a variable.  It could specify a float which is interpreted
by multiplying by the screen height or width.

Would someone like to implement that and ack?