Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:47:33 +0200

On 9/12/05, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hope it can be done faster than that!

I'll eat my Emacs reference card if 22.1 is out before *2007*. Yeah,
I've read the rest of the thread. I'll be delighted to be proven
wrong.

> (3) Emacs on Windows crashes on JPEG images from files in unusual
>     MingW/MSVC configurations
>
> The commentary says that the fix is straightforward but "it is on the
> back burner waiting for a legal comment".  Since the legal comment
> doesn't seem to be forthcoming, let's just add a note to etc/PROBLEMS
> telling users not to mix MSVC builds of Emacs with a MinGW builds of
> the jpeg library, and not delay the release for this.

It could crash with MinGW-only builds, if Emacs and the library were
compiled against different versions of the RTL. It's *not* dependant
on MSVC.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u