Re: Beginingless paragraphs

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Beginingless paragraphs
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:41:38 -0400

    For example, I was tearing my hair out in frustration a couple of years
    back, trying to get the sentence/paragraph movement and filling stuff to
    work properly in CC Mode.

If the documentation of paragraph-start and paragraph-separate is not
clear enough, we can clarify it.  I doubt that this would take the
form of a "definition of paragraphs", though.  The reason is that
there is no simple "definition of paragraphs" at the base of the
current code or these two variables.  The concepts that the design is
based on are the concepts that you see in the manual.

    The four regexps documented on this page all define chunks of
    natural-language text: paragraphs, pages and sentences.  So how about
    renaming this @section something like "Sentences, Paragraphs and Pages",
    and making the focus of the @node the definition of these things in terms
    of the regexps, rather than the regexps themselves?

I would be glad to consider a change of this sort.