Re: Emacs icons

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:42:04 +0200

Karl Chen wrote:

On 2005-08-19 16:08 PDT, Richard M Stallman writes:

   rms> What led you to think it "seems to be GNU too"?  That
   rms> kind of confusion is common, and we need to track down
   rms> the cause of it.

It is probably the confusion between "programs licensed under the
GNU GPL" and "programs from the GNU Project".
Yes, and it seems like I need to be more careful with my words here. And I need to learn something about this too. Exactly what does the second term mean? I guess it would have been ok if I had wrote "it is licensed GPL"?

Inkscape is very short about the license, they just say "Copyright 1999-2004 by Authors. Inkscape is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL":

  http://www.inkscape.org/doc/inkscape-man.html#copyright_and_license