Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:39:20 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

Thanks for taking a stab at it.  I am not sure that M-x is the best
way to indicate Emacs; but it occurs to me that if M-x can be included
visibly in an icon, then we could have an icon that says

EM
ACS

(although I'd center the top line above the second line)

I have attached an 16x16 image using this idea. It is quite hard to
make it readable.

Personally I am not very fond of it

Me neither.  Not because of your artwork, but because I find the
design uninspiring, to say the least.
Yes, more inspiration needed. I have uploaded what has been suggested so far to http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html. Personally i like the gnu+M-x best (but that is maybe because I made it ;-). Though the gnu reminds me a bit of a dog. Nothing bad with dogs but the image needs some finishing.

It is quite tought making anything with 16x16 pixels actually - don't know whether that is good or bad for inspiration and creativity here ;-) -- To me ideas for a logo should be thought of together with the icon. I do not know how other people feel about the splash logo now, but I like it. That does not mean there are other good alternatives of course!