Re: Patch for invalid chars in file names on Cygwin

From: Joe Buehler
Subject: Re: Patch for invalid chars in file names on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:03:09 -0400

Ehud Karni wrote:

I discovered today that `convert-standard-filename' on Cygwin does nothing and as result `make-temp-file' fails for name like "*mail*". The change in `make-auto-save-file-name' in 22.0.50 to call `make-temp-file' (it was `make-temp-name' before) made `compose-mail'
fails on Cygwin.

I created a new file `cygwin.el' to have Cygwin specific functions
(for now just one). Below is a patch that fix this problem.

Note. Joe, I don't have CVS write permission, so pleas check my patch
and if you find it appropriate, please install it.

I don't have write permission either.  Run the patch by the FSF
developers who do (which I guess you sort of did since you copied
emacs-devel).
--
Joe Buehler