Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:36:34 -0400

I am copying the emacs-devel list in the hope that someone might be able to fix this configure problem.

From: Joe Buehler <address@hidden>

/usr/local/emacs/lib-src/update-game-score.c:216: undefined reference to `_rpl_getopt'

Based on what shows up in Google, it would appear that configure is
trying to replace the system getopt() because it is lacking some
functionality that it wants.  So my first guess is that this is
a bug in the emacs configure process that is being triggered by
the idiosyncrasies of Cygwin's getopt implementation.  Probably
part of configure wants to use rpl_getopt ("replacement getopt"
I guess is what it means) but another part is not compiling it.

Just my guess...
--
Joe Buehler