Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

From: Joe Buehler
Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:43:17 -0400

David Masterson wrote:

I can try the Cygwin time machine if you can suggest a version to try.  Are
you saying, though, that the version of (X)Emacs that Cygwin installs is
incompatible with the version of X that is installed?

The Cygwin GNU emacs hasn't changed in a long time.  Complaints of
crashes started recently, so likely something changed in one of
the dlls or related files that broke emacs.

I am running a version of 1.5.13 without any problems so something broke
around then or after then.  Try a binary search for what broke when
using the time machine -- if you want to donate the time to this.
--
Joe Buehler