Re: AW: Can't interrupt directory_files_internal run fromtimer-event-han

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: AW: Can't interrupt directory_files_internal run fromtimer-event-handler
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:27:16 +0300

> Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:27:46 +0200
> From: <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>,
>       <address@hidden>
>
> >A combination of file-attributes (looking at the number of links) and
> >directory-files should do that, I think.
>
> Hmm, maybe i oversee something here - but when you have to call
> directory-files - where is the improvement compared to the problem of
> the OP?

It's an improvement because (1) directory-files is a direct interface
to system calls, and (2) it is more portable since it does not rely on
the existence of `ls', which is only standard on Posix platforms.

> `directory-files' IS the problem....

Well, I'm sorry if I missed something at the beginning of this thread,
but what problem in directory-files are you talking about?