address@hidden: popd in tcsh fails]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: popd in tcsh fails]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:09:19 -0400

[I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.]

Can someone please look at this, then ack to me?

To: address@hidden
From: Peter Dyballa <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:36:11 +0200
Subject: popd in tcsh fails
Sender: address@hidden

Hello!

I am using tcsh 6.12.00 in *shell* mode and GNU Emacs does not seem to
understand popd, i.e. after a popd in *shell* file name completion or
dired start with the directory that was before my working directory.
These variables are customized:

         '(comint-completion-recexact t)
         '(comint-input-ignoredups t)
         '(comint-input-ring-file-name ".emacs.d/history")
         '(comint-prompt-regexp "^[a-z]+ [0-9]+ /\\\\ " t)
         '(comint-use-prompt-regexp nil)
         '(shell-cd-regexp "[cp]d")
         '(shell-dirtrack-verbose nil)
         '(shell-pushd-regexp "p(ush|)d")

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
   display-time-mode: t
   mouse-sel-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   next-error-follow-minor-mode:  Fol

- --
Greetings

   Pete

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                                                           -- Rich Cook