Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:29:07 +0000 (UTC)

   Sorry, Robert, but this is ridiculous. Lennart asks for people who's
   using an email client on w32, and you do help by saying "I don't", and
   then the usual rants about Microsoft.

You give the impression that you do not care that government enforced
restrictions make it harder for Lennart to find out how to use an
email client.  You probably do not intend this, but this is the
impression you give.  I told Lennart what he could do technically.

I have helped him as much as I am allowed: which is to provide the
technical information he needs that I have the freedom to give.

   ... When I read paragraphs like the one above, I feel I'm being
   severely patronized, as if I were a child who doesn't know better.

I take that to mean that you know it is better that I and others be
restricted.  That is very much a patron telling a lessor that the
patron knows it is better that the lessor be restricted.

Or that deep down you really did not realize that like many others I
am restricted.  It is as if you did not realize that such restrictions
require either that I behave illegally or that I transfer resources in
a non-economic fashion.

   Not very nice, IMO.

Being restricted is not nice at all.  I do not like it.

Meanwhile, as of a few minutes ago, I am still the only person who has
given technical advice that should be sufficient to Lennart.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8