Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 08:59:29 +0200

> On 8/6/05, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Yes times are tough
>> not to lose
>> we must be rough
>> follow rules
>
> Very funny.
>
> Still...
>
> Would someone *please* try and comment the changes? Or is there no
> interest on an emacs client/server accessible across the network and
> Windows-compatible too?

Oh, there is.  Actually, one thing I would like as added functionality
in emacsclient is an option "-t" for "tramp" which would fork a shell
and let it act as a tramp connection.  That way, I could use
emacsclient from a su-shell (by pointing EMACS_CLIENT_whatever to the
respective credentials) to edit files without having to reenter a
password.

And of course, I'd like something that will let me use my local Emacs
for editing files in some ssh session.  This would require similar
functionality, and probably some port forwarding.

Lots of potential...