set-* frame parameter functions (e.g. set-foreground-color)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: set-* frame parameter functions (e.g. set-foreground-color)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:45:39 -0700

There is a general set-frame-parameter function. There are also specific
functions like set-foreground-color. The specific functions don't accept a
frame argument.

Why not let the specific functions also accept an optional frame argument?
This would be slightly more readable: (set-foreground-color "Red" my-frame)
vs (set-frame-parameter my-frame 'foreground-color). And it wouldn't affect
any existing code that uses these functions.

Also, there is no doc string for these functions in frame.el (as of CVS
6/26):
 set-frame-parameter
 frame-update-face-colors
 make-initial-minibuffer-frame
 make-frame-names-alist

At the very least, set-frame-parameter should have a doc string.