byte-compile-interactive-only-functions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: byte-compile-interactive-only-functions
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:28:47 +0200

Short term, I think a few more functions should be added to
`byte-compile-interactive-only-functions', according to
recommendations on their own docstrings:

 1) `insert-buffer', `insert-file-literally'
 2) `add-mode-abbrev', `add-global-abbrev', `bookmark-write', `org-diary'
  3) from mail/mailabbrev.el: `mail-abbrev-end-of-buffer'
  4) from emulation/pc-select.el: `beginning-of-buffer-mark',
    `beginning-of-buffer-nomark', `end-of-buffer-mark',
    `end-of-buffer-nomark'.

(In relative order of importancy, according to my gut feeling ;-)

The ones in 1) seem important enough; the others are less likely to be
encountered on compiling user modules.

Long term (after 22.1), perhaps we should define a property
'interactive-only, and add

  ;;;###autoload (put 'my-func 'interactive-only t)

at the right places, and then bytecomp.el could just check whether a
function is interactive-only or not, instead of having a clumsy
variable...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u