Re: Some issues with error conditions

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Some issues with error conditions
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:14:55 -0400

    Shouldn't it be something like process-error instead? IMHO signalling
    general error in this situation makes catching of errors related with
    processes more difficult.

It sounds like a good idea.  However, this is a new feature, not
in any sense fixing a problem, so we should not change it now.
I will add it to etc/TODO.

    And also end-of-file (end of file during parsing),
    invalid-read-syntax, scan-error (not sure about this) probably might
    be all in the category parse-error as such condition already exists.

I didn't know that `parse-error' was defined.
It turns out to have been defined by a specific package
for its own error conditions.

We could redefine it as a broader category.
Again, we should not do so now.  I will add it to etc/TODO.