Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:01:31 -0400

    >Nothing important in the design of Emacs should be designed for the
    >sake of Windows, because that would be giving Windows influence it
    >should not have.

    There are many roads to the goal. How can one be sure which step is the
    best without considering advantages and drawbacks with an open mind?

The question is not whether to be open to consider advantages and
drawbacks.  The question is which of them matter.

What I've told you is that advantages only for Windows users are not
important advantages for the GNU Project.  Our goal is to replace
Windows, not to enhance it, and we must not allow ourselves to be
distracted from this goal for the convenience of Windows users.