Re: etc/refcard.tex update.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: etc/refcard.tex update.
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:31:23 -0400

Aside from the following points, would you please install fixes for
the problems you found?

    2. In the section `Getting Help' keys `C-x 1' and `C-M-v' in

    \key{remove help window}{C-x 1}
    \key{scroll help window}{C-M-v}

    don't work after typing C-h or F1 that were suggested to type
    in the beginning of the same section.

I don't understand the problem.  What is the full scenario?

    4. There is `C-h f' key, but no `C-h v'.

Let's add C-h v _if there is room_.

    5. There is `M-x recover-file', but no `M-x recover-session'.

Let's replace recover-file with recover-session.

    Currently such highly related operations as Search and Replace are
    described on different refcard pages.  Wouldn't it be better to move
    `Incremental Search' down and place it immediately before `Query
    Replace'?

Having them near each other would be better.  However, searching is
pretty important, so perhaps moving it later is a change for the
worse.  I am not sure which way is better overall--it is not
self-evident.  One needs to look at both versions printed out.

Also, moving the sections around is tricky--it can cause pages not to
fit.  The refcard is not like a manual, where you can add or rearrange
material without worrying.  You have to check the output after each
change.