RE: Incorrect indentation after :name

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Incorrect indentation after :name
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:01:48 -0700

    Let's not try to be too clever.

I agree. I think the behavior given by Juanma's hook code using
common-lisp-indent-function gives good results:

(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
          #'(lambda ()
              (unless (assoc-string "cl-indent" load-history)
                 (load "cl-indent" nil t))
              (set (make-local-variable 'lisp-indent-function)
                   'common-lisp-indent-function)
              (setq lisp-indent-maximum-backtracking 10)
              (put 'define-derived-mode
                   'common-lisp-indent-function
                   '(4 4 4 2 &body))
              (put 'if 'common-lisp-indent-function
                   '(nil nil &body))))

What about just integrating that behavior (i.e. without loading cl-indent)?