Re: Sorting of directories in dired

From: LENNART BORGMAN
Subject: Re: Sorting of directories in dired
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:55:19 +0200

From: Edward O'Connor <address@hidden>

> Here's one vote for leaving the default as it is. I love how Emacs
> is a consistent environment across the various operating systems it
> runs on, and would much prefer it for the default Dired behavior to
> continue to be the same across all supported systems.

Interesting. I can see your point. However do you use w32? Do you not find it
disturbing then that the ordering of files are different in Emacs than outside
Emacs on w32?

Maybe you never leave Emacs? But for newbies who are used to other apps under
w32, would it not be easier for them to adopt to Emacs if the default ordering
was the same as for other apps? And those of us (I know now) who can change it,
can't we just do that?