Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug

From: Joakim Verona
Subject: Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:16:48 +0200

Just an idea:

Maybe a fallback method for report-emacs-bug could be implemented that
uses the emacs url library.

If mailing doesnt work, emacs could try posting the bug report through
a web form.

The benefit would be that as long as the emacs user has a working
internet connection, the bug-report would with a high degree of
reliability be delivered to the web server.

The web server could then mail the report as usual to emacs bugs.

The drawback would be that there would have to be a webserver running
a mailer script, that would have to be high uptime, and maybe could be
abused.

--
Joakim Verona
www.verona.se