Re: dolist?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: dolist?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:27:06 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

(mapc #'(lambda (x) (message "...%s" x)) '(1 2 3 4))

In *Messages* =>
...4

Seems like a "feature" of the messages, when using "...".
It feels like a quizz (is that how you spell it?) and I am impressed that you all find it so easily. I think this feature should be documented. It saves time. (Even if trying to find out what is happening is kind of fun, and worrying. Because I am not very fluent in list processing I thought there where some conventions I did not know about, that might have explained the behaviour. When you have a lot of options it is rather difficult, actually.)

Is there a way to calm down the message function?