Re: Some error info from configure.bat please

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Some error info from configure.bat please
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:24:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> BTW, is "make info" necessary any more after "make" or "make bootstrap"?
>
> It still is.  That's a nuisance, IMHO, and removing the need for a
> separate command is on my list of things to do.
>
> Jason, do you know of any reason why "make info" is not run
> automatically by "make" on Windows?

Because I have never been able to find a version of make that works on
Windows short of building it myself, which requires a whole host of
other Unix ports to build. Most binary versions floating around the
net are several versions behind, and we keep using the latest info
features in Emacs, so the latest makeinfo is essential.