Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:11:42 -0500 (CDT)

Juri Linkov wrote:

   I don't remember what the decision was, but if it was to postpone this
   until the next release, then perhaps this should be added to etc/TODO.

We decided to put it off until after the release, because the exact
details of what we really wanted to do were not clear.  There are
issues with buffer local variables and so on.  So the item in TODO
could not even specify what needs to be done.  There are several
fundamental issues about Custom which need to be decided first.

Sincerely,

Luc.