Re: OS X: using emacs as default mailer?

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: OS X: using emacs as default mailer?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:47:42 -0700

John Owens <address@hidden> writes:

> Sean O'Rourke <sorourke <at> cs.ucsd.edu> writes:
>>       mac_add_drag ("url", "open", url);
>
> This whole post was spot-on except for this call above.
> I am presuming it relates to your drag-and-drop ... can it
> be safely deleted if I'm neither dragging nor dropping?

Unfortunately no, since the way I got this to work was by going
through the drag-n-drop machinery and treating the GURL event as a
dropped URL.  Once it gets to the dnd functions (dnd.el) as a
"mailto:"; url, you can then add a mail handler to your
browse-url-browser-function alist (or let w3m-browse-url do the right
thing).  Sorry this is so sketchy -- I'll try to make a cleaned-up
patch for it (both DnD and mailto: handling) soonish.

/s