Re: tiny changes to url-cookie.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: tiny changes to url-cookie.el
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:17:17 -0400

    In short, the PATH argument is meant to be the local part of the
    internet site because sites maybe want to set and retrieve different
    cookies for different parts of their site.

In that case, we shouldn't call it a "path"; GNU convention is to use
that term only for lists of directories to search.  So I changed those
argument names just now.  I also added a doc string which I could
figure out partly.  But many functions in that file don't have doc
strings, and need them.  Or the doc strings are very sketchy and not
clear.

    Therefore, I think the two lines above should be replaced by

             (real-fname (url-filename (if proxy-obj proxy-obj url)))

    and no change to url-cookie-retrieve should be necessary. Sorry for the
    confusion.

Thanks.  I will install that change, hoping you're right.
(It is done more cleanly using `or' instead of `if'.)