Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:06:57 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

No, I understood you perfectly.  I still submit that the exact meaning
of "split" in "remove split" is more ambiguous than "remove split
between windows" or simply "unsplit window".
And I just suggested "Remove Window Splitting" - but now I realize it is ambigous...

Hm. "Remove All Splitting", hm "Unsplit Windows" - not the pluralis. Hm.
From my own arguing on the list I actually feel that "Unsplit Windows"
might be better. Less ambigous. Shorter. Contains both "split" and "window" (good for grouping the items logically). "Unsplit Frame Windows" - less ambigous still. ("Unsplit All Windows" is a bit more ambigous.)

So I would go for "Unsplit Frame Windows". It misses that "One" but it is better for the text of logical grouping in the menus. The "One" will be implied I guess.

But "unsplit" tastes bad. Maybe I just need education in english?