Re: Shift Tab should move backward in help buffers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Shift Tab should move backward in help buffers
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:45 +0900

On 6/27/05, David Hunter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ugh.  Why not force the window terminal customizations (e.g., w32-term.el) to
> "bind" such tabs to [backtab], just like x-win.el already does:
>
>     (define-key function-key-map [(shift tab)] [backtab])
>     (define-key map [iso-lefttab] 'backward-button)
>     (define-key map [(shift iso-lefttab)] 'backward-button)

I'm a bit confused by your example above -- did you really mean:

   (define-key function-key-map [(shift tab)] [backtab])
   (define-key function-key-map [iso-lefttab] [backtab])
   ;; ...etc...

   (define-key map [backtab] 'backward-button)
   ;; no etc.

?

I'd think the majority of the function-key-map bindings should be done
centrally though, not in terminal specific files (though maybe a few
weird ones would be done in the latter).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.