Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:42:29 -0400

    Does not "Visit New File" also imply that a new file is made?

It does not have that implication for me.  The word "visit" takes
away the implication that it _creates_ the new file.

Maybe some other word is better than "visit", but I can't think of one
now.

    Maybe instead "New File Buffer"? It is actually a new buffer that is
    setup so that it will be associated with a file.

That term could be unclear too, for people who don't know Emacs.  It
is grammatically ambiguous.